Brainstorm

BRAINSTORM
Posted by Kat on September 17th, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Working up some ideas for the cover of Streets. I probably won't use this as the final cover, but it was still fun to make.

6 comments:

1. Comment by Julienne on September 18, 2011 at 3:19pm

What? No leaf brush? Hahahahs, jk. I thunk it centers a little too much on the pathway, and not enough in the person. But it overall gives it such a profound look. I think it represents the series really well.

I've always loved that picture of you on Atavisions holding a leaf and gazing out the window. I thought it would make a cool book cover with a little editing.

ReplyDelete
  2. Comment by Teri Vieira on September 18, 2011 at 4:49pm

Yes, so tru Julienne! That would be killer!
    This is awesome kat!

ReplyDelete
  3. Comment by Julienne on September 18, 2011 at 5:25pm

Lol, I just realized I typed out "I thunk" lol epicfail

ReplyDelete
  4. Comment by Kat Mellon on September 19, 2011 at 8:58am

I think I used plenty of leaf brush on this cover as well. :P And that's what I like about it. The guy on the cover is supposed to be DeathX, and the irony is that although he believes himself to be the center of everything, there's really something larger and more important out there. I thought it was funny. DeathX wouldn't approve...

ReplyDelete
  5. Comment by Julienne on September 19, 2011 at 4:27pm

Ohh! There is leaf brush on there! I was on my iPod when I first saw it, probably too dark and small to see the leaves. I was kinda dissappointed that you didn't use them then. XD

I'm going to enjoy reading about DeathX's character in Streets. He got a very small part in Darkness Surrounding, and being Zanni's destined lover, I wanna see if there's much more to him than just...you know. Is there going to be more of Daniel and Helena in Streets?

ReplyDelete
  6. Comment by Kat Mellon on September 19, 2011 at 6:10pm

Yes! You'll get some insight into Daniel & Helena's past and what they're like in the present. You'll also, like I said, get the dirt on DeathX. Fasten your seatbelts!

ReplyDelete