Ask Me Some Questions!

ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS!
Posted by Kat on July 12th, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I'd like to make a video where I answer your questions about writing, The Atavists Trilogy, and just about anything else you can think of. Ask away! I'll film the video over the weekend.

Sample Questions:
  • What type of music do you listen to while writing?
  • What got you started writing?
  • Who is your favorite character/why?
  • Have you been to Disneyland?

11 comments:

1. Comment by Amber Johnson on July 12, 2011 at 11:27am

What was your first job?
    How did you come up with the name Garr?
    What is the craziest dream you have ever had?
    In high school, what were you labeled? (Like nerd or prep)
    What was the first story that you wrote? (That you remember)
    What do you think is the most important element in a good book?
    What is your favorite color?
    Do you think you will ever come to Florida on a book signing tour? :)

That's all I have right now, but I might add some more later! :D

ReplyDelete
  2. Comment by Mac A on July 12, 2011 at 11:33am

What do you think makes a good book?
    ( OH, I agree with Amber on the crazy dream thing)

ARGH can't think of anything else at the moment..I SHALL POST LATAH.

ReplyDelete
  3. Comment by Julienne on July 12, 2011 at 12:13pm

What range of people do you hope to reach in your writing? Any specific age group, gender, etc.

Your personal favorite author?

Can you give us a hint about what your other novels in progress are about?

When you were a child, did you ever imagine yourself growing up to be an author?

Dream job?

Were any of the scenes in DS based off of events in your own life? (no spoilers, please!)

Were any of the characters based off of people you really know?

ReplyDelete
  4. Comment by Julienne on July 12, 2011 at 12:20pm

OH YEAH. I forgot.

Were there any other title names you would have given to the first book of the Atavists trilogy besides "Darkness Surrounding"? (did you have to decide between title names? What were they?)

I hope that made sense.

ReplyDelete
  5. Comment by Kelsy Johnson on July 12, 2011 at 12:38pm

Oh yeah, Julienne, I asked the one about the characters based off of real people before too! (it's in ask me a question)

Who do you look up to as your idol?

What advice to you have for young writers?

When did you first get interested in writing? At what age?

Have you studied any specific books to help you with your own writing?

And diddo Amber's question: Will you ever happen to come to Florida?

Do you like the Twilight series? If so, Edward or Jacob??? :P

ReplyDelete
  6. Comment by Julienne on July 12, 2011 at 1:28pm

Oh, really? Kay, then you can omit that question ... XDD.

ReplyDelete
  7. Comment by Kelsy Johnson on July 12, 2011 at 1:43pm

;P

ReplyDelete
  8. Comment by FreeFallen on July 13, 2011 at 5:10am

Do you see yourself as Zanni? / Is Zanni based on yourself?
    Would you like to see The Atavists become a movie?

ReplyDelete
  9. Comment by Julienne on July 13, 2011 at 1:41pm

When first started writing DS, did you originally intend for it to be published, or was it solely for the enjoyment of writing it?

ReplyDelete
  10. Comment by Amber Johnson on July 14, 2011 at 6:02am

Did your family support you?
    Do you play Mario Kart? :DDD
    What's your favorite part in DS?
    What did you struggle with the most while writing it?
    Do you think you will publish enough books that it isn't a big deal anymore?
    What is your favorite movie?

Okay, I think I'm done :)

ReplyDelete
  11. Comment by FreeFallen on August 1, 2011 at 9:35am

Have you posted on any Avenged Sevenfold forums that you've named your book after one of their songs?

ReplyDelete